세계의 분석화학 연구실 자동화 시장 : 예측, 점유율, 동향
Lab Automation in Analytical Chemistry Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2020 - 2025)
Mordor Intelligence Pvt Ltd
세계의 분석화학 연구실 자동화(Lab Automation) 시장에 대해 조사 분석했으며, 시장 개요, 시장 역학, 시장 세분화, 지역별 시장 분석, 경쟁 구도, 주요 기업 등의 정보를 정리하여 전해드립니다.
제3장 시장 개요
- 시장 세분화
- 산업 밸류체인 분석
- 산업의 매력 : Five Forces 분석
제4장 시장 역학
제5장 기술 개요
제6장 연구실 자동화 장비
- Automated Liquid Handlers
- Automated Plate Handlers
- Robotic Arms
- ASRS(Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems)
제7장 시장 분석과 예측
- 세계 시장 : 장비별
- 세계의 소프트웨어 시장
- 세계의 분석 장비 시장
- 세계의 플레이트 리더 시장 : 종류별
- 세계 시장 : 지역별
제8장 경쟁 구도
- 기업 인수합병(M&A)
- 신제품 발매
- 5대 기업 : 매출 기준
- 가장 활동이 활발한 2대 기업(과거 3년간)
제9장 기업 개요
- Thermo Scientific
- Hudson Robotics
- Beckton Dickinson
- Synchron Lab
- Agilent Technologies
- Siemens Healthcare
- Tecan Group Ltd
- Roche Holding Ag
- Eppendorf Ag
- Aurora Biomed
※ 이 페이지에 게재되어 있는 내용은 최신판과 약간 차이가 있을 수 있으므로 영문목차를 함께 참조하여 주시기 바랍니다. 기타 자세한 사항은 문의 바랍니다.
The Global Lab Automation in Analytical Chemistry Market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.31% % during the forecast period 2020 to 2025. The benefits of laboratory automation in analytical chemistry include reduction of human errors in specimen handling, enhancements in overall process control, and faster turn-around-times (TAT) from specimen collection to test result reporting. The primary goal of diagnostic labs is to provide high quality and reliable information, fulfilling the industry's needs.
- Currently, technological advancements and increasing pressure to deliver results have led to the use of automated systems in laboratories. The adoption rate of automated systems is increasing due to its accuracy, advanced data management capacity, and reduced repetitiveness, and ultimately reducing the human intervention, thereby increasing throughput and accuracy.
- Many core labs are looking to enhance testing efficiency and better manage resources by upgrading to total laboratory automation (TLA). Although total lab automation can be challenging to plan and implement, it is particularly suited to laboratories that conduct a broad spectrum of highly automated testing, coupled with sophisticated laboratory information systems. TLA avoids the duplication, delays, and waste that can occur with task targeted automation.
- Laboratory automation contains computerized lab instruments and gadgets, which give advantages, such as expanded profitability, enhanced work process scope, reduced time cycle, and improved information quality. Lab automation is also vital to handle large volumes of sample tests at a rapid rate.
- In the recent past, Tecan launched a range of advanced liquid handling solutions, along with the new Fluent Gx Automation Workstation, to meet the critical needs of clinical and regulated laboratories. In October 2019, Hamilton launched its compact Microlab Prep automated liquid handler designed for those transitioning away from manual pipetting, using 96- and 384-well microplates and other sample vessels.
- Further, There has been a significance with the pharmaceutical industry toward laboratory automation trends, in the past two decades. Pharmaceutical companies require accurate target identification, and one of the main bottlenecks of drug discovery and development is compound validation. Lab automation is a crucial technology for any company undertaking these studies, offering rapid compound screening and improved data analysis.
- Additionally, with the recent outbreak of novel COVID-19, there is an increasing need for faster results in labs. The growing developments of automation systems by vendors are expected to create opportunities for the market going forward.
Key Market Trends
Automated Liquid Handlers to Hold Major Market Share
- Automated liquid handlers, also known as pipetting robots or pipetting workstations, perform the programmed transfer of liquid volumes between destination and source vessels. These handlers are also capable of performing a vacuum or even magnetic-based separation and mixing.
- The rising demand for faster turn-around times (TAT), higher throughput, and reduced human errors and operational costs are some of the prominent factors driving the adoption of automated liquid handlers across the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. For instance, In November 2019, Tecan announced its new Cavro Magni Flex for next-generation automated liquid handling development, mainly intended for low to medium throughput workflows.
- Additionally, advanced liquid handling technologies, such as automated positive displacement pipetting systems, are enabling the users to handle highly viscous to highly volatile liquid types of lower volume ranges and a wider variety of liquid types. Companies, such as Beckman Coulter, launched a wide range of flexible, scalable liquid handling solutions for genomic, cellular, protein, and other workflows. The Biomek 4000 automated liquid handler was launched by the company, to standardize daily pipetting routines, while maintaining sample quality and generating repeatable, reliable results
- Laboratories that increasingly normalize RNA mass for cDNA synthesis and set up qRT-PCR reactions require automated liquid handling, as these assays are largely volume-dependent. Any inaccuracy in volume transfers may hamper the outcome of the results. Such instances are indicative of the fact that automated liquid handlers are expected to witness increased adoption.
North America Hold Major Market Share
- North America has been a pioneer in clinical research for years. This region is home to some of the major pharmaceutical companies, like Pfizer, Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, J&J, and Novartis. The region has the highest concentration of contract research organizations (CROs). Some of the major CROs in this region are Laboratory Corp. of America Holdings, IQVIA, Syneos Health, and Parexel International Corp.
- Owing to the presence of all the major players in the industry and stringent FDA regulations, the market is very competitive in this region. To gain an advantage over competitors, the companies in this region adopted robotics and automation in labs.
- The inclusion of robotics and automation has been a major factor aiding the transformation of the clinical research industry, owing to which, a total of 339,723 studies with locations in all 50 states and 213 countries were registered in the United States, as of May 2020, as per ClinicalTrials.gov. Moreover, there has been a significant rise in the FDA approvals received in the past few years, owing to automation.
- Moreover, the automation solution providers in the region are on a continuous innovation spree, to integrate a maximum number of clinical equipment. Beckman Coulter, back in October 2019, received 510 (k) clearance from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its DXA 5000 lab automation system. The solution offers highly consistent turnaround time to physicians using the solution by deploying intelligent routing algorithms to generate an automated patient-centric workflow in the laboratory.
- Similarily, Microbiological labs in the region seek technologically innovative solutions to cope with large numbers of samples and limited personnel resources. Some of the major manufacturers, such as BD Kiestra and Copan Diagnostics Inc., are commercializing partial or complete lab automation systems for bacteriology in the United States.
Lab Automation in Analytical Chemistry Market is moderately consolidated owing to the presence of significant players, including Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, Roche Holding AG, Beckman Coulter, Hudson Robotics Inc, and Becton Dickinson & Co. Vendors in the market, focusing on partnerships and collaborations to draw innovations and likey to form alliances to collaboratively conduct research projects that help enhance the products as their competitive advantage.
- September 2019 - Roche Holding AG announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had cleared its Cobas pro integrated solutions, a new generation of Serum Work Area (clinical chemistry and immunochemistry) laboratory solution, designed to optimize lab operations. It allowed for up to 2,200 tests per hour, with three modules working in parallel and synchronized, to improve efficiency. Additionally, it boasted up to 3¼ hours less operating time for a daily routine workload than cobas 6000. This innovation may also help the company to strengthen its position in the diagnostic automation market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Increasing Investments in R&D by Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- 4.2.2 Rising Demand from Drug Discovery and Genomics
- 4.3 Market Challenges
- 4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.5 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Equipment
- 5.1.1 Automated Liquid Handlers
- 5.1.2 Automated Plate Handlers
- 5.1.3 Robotic Arms
- 5.1.4 Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (ASRS)
- 5.1.5 Software
- 5.1.6 Analyzers
- 5.2 By Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia Pacific
- 5.2.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- 6.1.2 Danaher Corporation/Beckman Coulter
- 6.1.3 Hudson Robotics Inc.
- 6.1.4 Becton Dickinson & Co.
- 6.1.5 Synchron Lab Automation
- 6.1.6 Agilent Technologies Inc.
- 6.1.7 Siemens Healthineers AG
- 6.1.8 Tecan Group Ltd
- 6.1.9 PerkinElmer Inc.
- 6.1.10 Honeywell International Inc.
- 6.1.11 Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- 6.1.12 Roche Holding AG
- 6.1.13 Eppendorf AG
- 6.1.14 Shimadzu Corp.
- 6.1.15 Aurora Biomed Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET